I have always hated scrapbooking and everything associated with it. I enjoy taking and looking at pictures and I enjoy looking at other’s scrapbooks but I have never been interested in creating one for myself. I was intimidated by the process because of my fear of not being creative or cutsie enough. I also didn’t like how much everything cost and the amount of time that could go into one single page. Because I knew that scrapbooking was a skill I would be able to use throughout my whole life, I thought I would learn how to digital scrapbook, a cheaper and easier way to preserve my pictures that was not just a photo album. I looked online and found a website that was free and had a lot of fun backgrounds, lettering, and formats to use. Because I wanted something that would be practical I decided to make a calendar highlighting all of the fun adventures my roommates and I have had since Freshman year. It was interesting for me to learn how to work the program, edit photos, and figure out the layout of each page but one turned out to be very fun and very rewarding.
From this experience I learned that although something may seem intimidating at first, it can become a great resource for you. I am so excited that I know how to use the program and can make fun scrapbook pages without spending all of the money. It would be fun to use this program to make pages for each child in the class with pictures taken throughout the year. I also learned a lot about patience! I had no idea how long it was going to take to make each page and how much effort it would take! I was surprised by the amount of time I was willing to put into picking out the photos, editing them, and eventually cropping them. I was able to make each picture look like the certain style of a page and to match a certain month. Overall I really enjoyed learning something new and figuring out a new program and hobby.
Date/Time Spent/What I Did
March 31/2 hours/Picking the Photos, Downloading photos from my roommates computers, Transferring them into the folder and importing them into the computer program
April 3/4 hours/Picking backgrounds for each month, Figuring out the format, font, and layout for each month, Organizing each photo into the correct month
April 4/2 hours/Editing the photos for black and white, sepia, and cropping each of the pictures, Adding borders around the pictures
April 7/2 hours/Editing the pages, Adding text to pages
April 8/2 hours/Printing the pictures, Putting together the calendar pages
Total Time: 12 hours
I tried to see your scrapblog, but it wouldn't let me. Your kids would love having their own pages made, so I say go for it! It's good to see that you were able to tackle a task that was initially daunting. As you proceeded through it, what sorts of things did you learn about yourself as a learner that relate to concepts we've learned in this class?
ReplyDelete