Friends and Family!!!
Holy cow! Another week down and my first whole cycle! I can’t believe that we are almost halfway through November. Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week! It is really weird to be a missionary because you totally lose your sense of time. I merely know when weekly planning is and that’s about it. I didn’t even realize Thanksgiving is coming up so soon. Thanks for all the love and support. Because we had Zone Conference this week I got my mail and I have to say thanks Kubo and the crew for the letters and just to let you know, I am still a dancer! They were fantastic! Mom—I still haven’t gotten the package you sent? I did get the Dear Elder. Mail is funny here because we only get our mail every 6 weeks at Zone Conference so I won’t get my mail until Christmas again. I am still in Octobrasky which is great because I love my ward and I love my area. I will do this whole cycle with Sis. Semikolenova which will be great.
This week has been another good week. We have been busy with lessons and with trying to find people to teach but we had a couple great lessons this week. Last Monday we were able to buy me a warm hat for the winter and buy my companion a warm coat so that was fun. The Rinok is always an interesting experience and we were both just happy to get out of there unscathed and with all of our money (minus the money we spent) We had Zone Conference as I mentioned which was awesome and a lot of fun. We were able to watch all of the Apostles who talked at General Conference so I was able to see Elder Holland’s talk and it was amazing. It is true, the Book of Mormon is a huge source of power for our church and with no doubt in my mind, it is true! It is such a privilege to get to bear my testimony of it countless times a day to people and simply say, “IT IS TRUE”. I met a missionary who knew Hal and Patty and I need to say privet from him, Elder Hillaryanov. He was at zone Conference with the President. He hadn’t been set apart yet because they needed a fill-in companion for a missionary while the new missionaries were still coming.
Well I’ll start with the funny things I did this week first and then finish with the spiritual (I know, lame). 1. Usually when we got into the elevator and push the button it takes a few seconds for it to work so we got in and I pushed the button. Unfortunately the one time the elevator works right away an old man was trying to come in and yes, the door closed on him. I felt so bad!!! He luckily just laughed and said it was fine, but I felt like an idiot! 2. While putting my shoes on after a lesson at a member’s home I leaned up against the door to pull up the zipper on my boots and completely fell over, yep, stupid again. The door was not all the way closed and so opened when I leaned on it and I fell into the proezd. No we just laughed, the member thought I was crazy and we moved on. It’s always good to have things to laugh about while on the mission.
This Sunday in church I played the piano, hoping to lure Valentina to our Sacrament meeting. Although she was unable to come the song went well and the members really enjoyed the song so all in all it was good. We had a good lesson with my investigator Natalya this week about faith. We were able to watch the Testaments and then talk about how a faith in Christ is so important. WE also talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon and reading it everyday. I love her so much and would do anything for her!!! This week we didn’t have a lesson with Valentina but we talked to her many times as usual. She had given us some DELICIOUS apple jam and we finished the bottle. I returned the bottle and she just gave me an admiring look and said, Good job Morris. She then came back with 2 bottles of jam. Oh she is a funny one!
I think today will be my first Russian haricut which should be interesting. My hair is so long now I need to get it cut! Other than that things are well. The Church is true. I loved being able to hear conference and feel of the strength from each of the apostles. Each one gave such an inspired and amazing talk and I am thankful for prophets who are able to know what our world needs. Thanks for the love and support! Love you all!
Whitney
I'm happy to hear she just had zone conference. Maybe my Christmas package will make it just in the nick of time.
ReplyDelete