First things first-- thanks mom for the amazing package!!! We were SO THRILLED! We are going to eat cake the rest of our lives. It is so fantastic. too bad I wanted to start my summer diet this week... But thankyou so much for all of the cake mixes, the tuna and candy. The peanut butter candies were a big hit with the youth at church yesterday. We just had to remind them to not eat the paper, but they loved them.
Well I think I'm going to go off of the 'good old' missionary letter this week and just give everyone a good old laugh. I guess the following story could also teach us a little about karma... Well, missionaries are always in need of a place to teach. For some reason or another, people aren't always really open to having strangers come to their house so they are more open to meet somewhere neutral or somebody elses house. (Hey that makes me think-- maybe I will give the old missionary letter a try and give everyone a challenge to invite the missionaries to teach a lesson at their house this week ;) Our favorite place to meet with investigator's is CITY PARK (gorodskoi park). It is a HUGE park in our area where all the squirrels are, is very centrally located, shady and has lots of benches. People are always comforatble to meet there, gylat a little and then find a bench and talk about the gospel. So we met an elderly lady in the park this week, sat on a bench and began to talk to her. Well about 10 minutes later I felt something on my head. I went to feel it and... i'm sure you guessed it... a bird pooped on my head. Klacno. So I laughed, explained what happend, and luckily I had wet wipes with me (like my mom always taught me) so I cleaned up a little and continued to teach. Well not more than 5 minutes later, a bird pooped on my companion's forehead. So again we laughed, cleaned it up and continued to teach. Luckily everyone was able to just laugh and we had a good time joking about it. I'm really glad that they didn't poop on our investigator. We went home at lunch and washed our hair again because it was pretty bad. Our investigator even asked about it at church and asked how we handled washing our hair out. I think it's pretty bad luck to have a bird poop on your head and your companion;s head and so I started to think, WHY!? Well, I know why. KARMA. The birds are always around when we feed the squirrels in the park. They are always trying to eat my sunflower seeds that are for the squirrels and so I always shoo them away and occassionaly give them the "pity handful". Well know I can say that what goes around, really does come around becasue apparently we got our "pity portion" as well. As the saying goes in Russia-- it's just really good that cows don't fly.
This morning we took a walk to Park Pobedi-- a really famous park in Saratov that has lots of machinery and monumemtns from World War II. It is also on top of a really high mountain and so you can see all of Saratov. We were sooooo lucky to have Lena- one of my best friends here come with us. We alll rode together there and then walked around and loooked at lots of tanks, airplanes, bombs, helicopters, missiles, rockets etc. It is definitely a "boy" park but the nautre is very pretty and the views AMAZING! We were so lucky to be able to go with Lena, eat a little picnic (in honor of my mom) and just relax a little bit. It was a good morning.
We also met our new president. We had interviews with him this week and it was GREAT! I love him already. He is really nice, quiet, and calm. His wife is also very very nice and I am very excited to be able to work with them in the next few months. They are great people and we love them! The members already love them as well!
Well have a good week, do some missioanry work and stay cool-- IT"S HOT HERE! I love you all, I love this work and I LOVE RUSSIA!
Love
Sister Morris
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment