Well another week in Penza FLEW by. I can't believe that we are already here writing emails again but things are going really well. Penza is great. This week was filled with lots of TRAVELING on buses and martshytkas. AH! We have an investigaor that lives in a different part of the city and so have been "yekating" to her a lot recently but it has been good. Thursday night we had an "intersting" experience.
The Elders gave us a contact so we were pretty excited. Well I called him and talked to him for awhile and set up a meeting with him and HIS WIFE for that night. I think I asked about 5 times if his wife would be there because it seemed a little fishy. He said yes and we went out. We decided to just meet on a park bench- the safest option- and he immediately sat down (without his wife) and started askign us questions. The Elders had said he wanted the "Together Forever" DVD and so we gave that to him. He then proceeded to ask if I would watch it with him. I said, "no" very firmly and said that he could watch it with his wife, to which he responded, well when you are my wfie, you can watch it with me. Excellent. So our conversation defintiely took a
downhill turn where he proposed to me several times (not the first time on the mission), asking when I would be his wife etc. YES! I told him no, we would never be meeting again, etc. etc. but nothing seemed to work. Oh the joys of missionaring.
I also fell this week. HARD. YOu may ask how that is even possible because it is summer, the roads DON"T have ice and snow, but I fell. And now my knee has a sweet bruise and a huge ptch of "rug burn" on my knee. Yes, I still have the gift. I can also say for the first time on my missoin I had my fortune read, or maybe better to just say my DESTINY read. Awesome. Unfortunately the proposal was not inclued in it... hmmmm...something;s not right. I will definitely have to talk more about that later but on to the spiritual things...
We had a great lesson with a member this week and did a practice to help her know how to invite her family and friends to hear the Gospel. At first she was a little hesitant but got used to the idea and we did a great practice with her. It was so great to see how excited she was at the end to see that she had invied her "friend" (Sister Jackson) to come to a Family Home Evening. It is so fun to see the joy that the Gospel brings into our lives and especially as we share it. Here in Penza, and Russia in general, we have been preparing for the Kiev Temple dedication and we are all so excited! That is another blessing in our lives that I can't even express in words! These members sacrifice everything to go to the temple! I am soooooooooooo
excited to go to the temple as soon as I get home. I miss it so much and just the great feeling of peace and comfort there. The temple is the best place to be. How lucky we truly are. So I guess that's about all for this week. Again we are soooooo excited for the dedication of the temple in 2 weeks and the blessing that will come from that here in the Ukraine and Russia. The Gospel is moving forward. I love you
all! Thanks for the emails and love and support. Have a great week and go to the temple! Oh and i forgot to mention that Elder Swainston is the best district
leader in the whole wide world and he is just so cool;) He also gets bonus points becasue he loves LOST. (Yes, we know our moms (me, sister jackson, and elder swainston) read our blogs and compare. So he has asked me to include something about
him in every email)
Sister Morris
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment