Monday, September 6, 2010

Two nights on a Train

Family and Friends!
How are you all? It was so great to hear from all of you this week and to hear how Taylor is at school! Yea for BYU and way to go cougs on the win. Already stating the season with a win is a good thing. Katie- Yes, Sparkle has died. I didn't want it to be this way for you but I know you are strong and will cope. Good luck in Michigan! I hope you have an extra room or your chocolate covered cinnamon bear?! So as for
other news--- dad, this one's for you-- my shoes broke. Officially. I wore a hole through the bottom and strp on the top finally wore out and the insides were already gone (we did some remont a few weeks ago with bandaids-- oh the joys of being a missionary) So we;ll see what this week brings in the form of shoes. I'm down to about a pair that works but boot season should be here within a month and half and I
think I can make it;) Oh it will be interesting. This week was really good. We did have conference in Samara and between the two nights in a row on a train I'm feeling better than expected. Problem is we get to do it again tonight! yes, back on the
train. But oh well! It's really not that bad and it's pretty fun to say I traveled across Russia on a train. We aso are able to have slumber parties!!! YEA!!!!
Well Monday was a great night with a "Hogwarts Express" Marthutka to a member's house for a great Family Home Evening. Why Hogwart's Express? Because we were running late from meeting with our Registrar who needed to give my passport back and had to be at the FHE in lik 15 minutes. We looked on a map and it seemed like she lived at the other end of the city and so knew it would be about a 40 minute ride. We got on the next Marhshutka and flew there in about 15 minutes. WHAT? We
were so surprised and so happy that we go there so quickly. We still don' know what route that driver took but we were impressed. The evening was great and we were able to talk about being ready to go to the temple and the blessing we receive becuse of it. It was definitey a neat experience as we sat with these three babyshki, singing hymns and just talking about the temple and I just thought to myself, "I
wouldn't want to be anywhere else." We also made some delicious Shi that afternoon-- mmmm.... We had a good time trakting on Tuesday night and I think if you ask
any missionary where their craziest stories come from it's always knocking. We knocked into a couple winners, including a crazed grandma who kept asking us if we like crosses and a middle-aged woman demanding to see our documents. oh good times.
Saturday was Conference and it was great. I really enjoy being able to see the other sisters in Samara and see Presidet and his wife. They asked Sister Jackson and I to think of a musical number. We did a quartet with Sister Loboda and two Elders and I played the piano. It turned out really well and they sang "Press Forward Saints". We also had aspecial treat because President Lawrence and his wife were there.
They're part of the East European Arera Presidency and they are FANTASTIC! They gave great talks and Sis. Lawrence gavea whole lesson on the House of Israel hich was really really interesting. It was so great to know why we're here on a mission and to see that the Lord's work really is going forward. I love ths work! I love these people and I am so happy that I have this opportunity o serve! President Lawrence
ahd a lot of great advice on working with your companion and working with members and it was just a great talk. I learned a TON and just love Zone Conference becasue it gives you a boost to just keep going. Sunday was FANTASTIC! We had such a powerful and amazing sacrament meeting! It was cool. A couple of our members had gone to the Kiev Temple Open House and they were able to bear thei testimonies in
church. It was so fanastic to hear their testimonies and to feel their spirits. They told about the tour and how thy were able to also tour a lot of Pravolsavni temples but NOTHING compared or even came close. They said that the temple in Kiev, is something out of a Fairy Tale becasue of how pretty, serence, ad majesitc it is. Especially in Russia, it is a incomparable sight. A couple in our ward(who are
AMAZING) got sealed last week as well and they also beared their testimonis about the power of the sealng and just being in the temple. As we sat and listened, it reallyn felt like we were all in the temple because the Spirit was so strong. There was also a great testimony about sacifice and how the Lord ALWAYS blesses us when we
sacrifice.The members who went to the temple had made a lot of sacrifice to get there but they knew it was all worth it. That is so true!!! How neat it is to know that Heavenly Father loves us and always makes up for what we willingly give Him. I am so excited for when I will be able to be in the temple again and feel that spirit and have those blessings. We are blessed. The temple is such a fantastic
way to truly "endure to the end" and "press forward in the future". It gives us a goal and gives a glimpse of the poteial we have as our Heavenly Father's children. On Sunday we also had a lesson with a grandma in our ward and were able to go with one of my favorite grandma's in our ward- Baba Katya. She is FANTASTIC! (there was a
picture a week ago) We had a lot of fun with her and look forward to just working with the members more here. So tonight we will get on a train to Samara an head back for 4 days of Training in the new program for missionaires (simplified
curriculum) and then be back in Penza on Satrudya morning to work. I love you all! Thanks fo the prayers, emails, love and support. Good luck with everything you do and know I LOVE YOU!
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers