Monday, October 11, 2010

Internet keeps going on and off


Hello family and friends!
This week has been absolutely fantastic and I am so excited to be able to write about it. I think I’ll start backwards (so with Sunday and work my way back to Monday). Yesterday was great. We were able to go to General Conference and it was amazing! It was so great to be able to hear the prophets and to hear their advice and how we can all become better. It was especially a neat experience because one of our investigators was able to come. She said that she would be coming on Satuday but didn’t make it. Sister Jackson and I decided early Sunday morning to just go knock on her door and invite her one more time. Luckily, the podezd was open and she answered her door and let us in. She said that she just hadn’t made it yesterday but we invited her to come with us this time. She said that maybe she would come for the
afternoon session. We waited and waited and she CAME! It was so great to see her walk in and she really enjoyed the conference and especially the singing She even found the church and said herself that it was a miracle that we were able to all be there. The Conference on Sunday was fantastic and my favorite talk was definitely
President Monson. I loved that he talked about being THANKFUL! It is so true! If we are always thankful then we will have nothing to be sad, mad or really worried about. We will know that Heavenly Father has it all in control and everything we have is exactly what we need. So inbetween conference sessions on Sunday (here we watch the first around 10 and then the second one around 12:30) our investigator that
got baptized on Saturday was confirmed. The spirit was so strong and it was so neat to just see how she smiled afterward. It was great for her to also be able to see the difference after being baptized. Saturday was the baptismal service and after scrambling around trying to find the right time, so that her daughter who needed to work could make it, and getting all of the details in order, she was baptized! It
was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have been to. As she came out of the water she was crying and just said that she felt like someone had literally hugged her. Her daughter, who was also there was crying and it was great to be able to have her feel the Spirit. She noticed a change in her mom. After the baptism our investigator even testified and just said that she felt she had made the right decision. It was a
perfect experience and she is wonderful! She is so excited to change and make the necessary steps to come unot our Savior! Saturday we also watched conference at the Branch Building and it was fantastic. Saturday was also an all-time first in my mission. We had a Sports Day. WHOA! We got together with some of the ward members and played American Football and some Eurpoean football. It was great to be able
to run around and to be with the members. I think the Elders especially enjoed the time to show off their football skills, but I can say I did score one of our team’s few touchdowns—so I still have some sports skills;) Friday we met with some great members here and just had a fantastic day teaching lessons. Thursday we had a great experience at the Rinok with a lady in our ward here. She had offered to meet us at the Rinok to buy a winter coat for Sister Jackson. She was so great to go with
us and to do all of the “haggling”. We had fun walking and looking around and checking out all the winter gear that is coming out for what they are saying is going to be a really really really cold and LONG winter. Woohoo! We bought an amazing coat and had fun being with our member. Wednesday we had a lesson with a new investigator and it went really well. We had a member with us who was so good at testifying and
teaching the DOCTRINE. It was great to be with her and to see her testimony and her strength in the Gospel. That’s why I love going with the members. I learn so much from them and it’s a testimony builder for me to see their dedication to the Gospel and living it! WOW for strong members. She definitely got Rock Star points in my book. So then it was…. SISTER”S CONFERNCE! Thanks Sister Sartori and all of
the great Sister missionaries who were there and helped us out. It was so much fun to be able to be with everyone and to get to see the Sister’s. We headed to Samara on Monday night, the train, my favorite, and then went straight to the mission apartment (my first time there!!!) We were met by Sister Sartori which was just fantastic and
had a little time before the COUNCIL to “freshen up”. Yes, after the train I LOOK AMAZING! Council was goodand right now, a LOT of things are really changing in the mission and so that is bringing some new challenges and some blessings. We discussed a lot of those changes and then had our conference. It was great to be with all of the sisters! We had “sercret sisters” women in the scriptures and lots of yunmmy food. Overall FANTASTIC!
Well I’m out of time but I love you, have a great week and look forward
to hearing from you all this next week!
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers