Monday, December 6, 2010

"The best things happen while you're.... tracting"

Wow! I don't even know what to say! i got soooo many amazing and inspiring emails today! Thankyou! It was so great to hear from everyone and I really can say the Lord has blessed my family! I love seeing the pictures of the kids and just thinking how much they've grown and how great they are doing! It really is a blessing from our Heavenly Father to have such great and strong family relationships.
Jill- I have to say that I had a crazy dream this week, where you were serving with me on a "mini-mission" and all of the other sisters were on a Visa trip and so we were together the whole day and we had to decide where to go, what to do etc. and it was HILARIOUS! I woke up just thinking that wow, that would have been a really bad combination on a mission ;) We saw MIRACLES this week! I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve with my amazing companion and in tis area and especially in our
ward because we really are being able to witness miracles and the hand of the Lord in our work. This week we had some great lessons with members and investigators and have been able to really see a change in many of them. This week was REALLY REALLY COLD, like -25, and so we were able to also do A LOT of tracting. Unforuntaltely, it wasn't always really successful, or shall we say normal... but I mean, who doesn't have
good stories from tracting on their mission? We did get to meet a really really Grandpa who spent about 2 minutes opening the door, when he then just said, "Be Healthy" and then 2 minutes closing the door. Awesome. We had alot of fun and luckily my companion is really easy going and so we laughed really hard.
I can also say that the good ol' fall count is coming back. I fell 3 times in one day... where is Sister Stolyarova when we need her?! The roads are really really slick here and so I find myself always telling my companion to slow down (who is used to roads here) and holding on to her like I'm 5. I asked her last night if maybe today (P-day) we should just find a sled or something and then she could just pull me. We'll see")
Wednesday night we had a really sweet experience. We have been visiting with a lady here in the ward who is fighting with cancer. I have to say that it has been a very solemn and humbling experience to watch this spiritual giant in my eyes, to lose strenght every day. It really brings me back to the time when my grandma was fighitng with cancer and I can honestly say that I have never felt the love of the savior more real and powerful than in these few minutes with her. we were able to sit with her for a couple of minutes and hear her sweet and strong testimony about how God lives, how he loves us and how He always will ove us. That His hands are always outstretched towards us and that we can always realy on His redeeming and loveing power. It
was so sweet to be able to hug her and know, that through the Gospel and the saving ordinances, this POWERFUL Spiritual Giant has a great and magnificent work in the future. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father and for knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know, without a doubt, that there is life after death and that we will be able to be with our families. How grateful I am for that knowledge. Thursday we also saw a "tender mercy" of the Lord. After calling everyone we could think of, to set up a lesson, we decided to pray and just see what we could do. We continued our day, continued to work and do everything we could to set up a lessona dn about 5 pm, an investigator called us and asked US if we could come and teach her at
6! WOW! The Lord blesses and loves his missionaries. In our district we have been praying non-stop to see MIRACLES in Penza, and I can testify that they are occuring. I am so blessed and amazed to work with these amazing missionaries here and see the changes that are happing in Penza as we continue to do the Lord's work. I love you all and I know this church is true! Thanks for your testimonies, your prayers and your love. The "tender mercies" of the Lord are upon us all and God loves us. Go and be someone' Spiritual giant today, and I know you too will see miracles. This is the sprint to finish!
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers