Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A New Sister Missionary!

Well it's finally here and I don't think I could be any more excited!!! It all comes down to this and I can't wait to start my mission and start serving the Russian people. I feel like I have everything ready but I'm sure in the MTC I will realize what I forgot, or in my case lost. This month leading up to my mission has been so fun and so great. I dont' know if you could experience as many emotions in one month if you weren't preparing to go on a mission! I have gone from complete and total fear to pure joy and excitement. Being able to turn my life completely over to Heavenly Father is going to be an amazing experience and I know as long as I trust in Him, He will direct my paths and place me in situations that will bless me immensely and those around me.
Another awesome part of going on a mission is just realizing the amazing love and support around me and the MANY places I could turn for help and comfort. I am so grateful to my parents and especially my mom as she has gotten me ready for this mission and has been with me constantly the last couple weeks shopping and double checking our many lists:) I am so grateful for my dad as well who has always been a big supporter of the mission and is so willing to work hard so that I can go. I am grateful for my siblings and their support, advice, and comedic relief. I am grateful to all of the friends who have been on shopping detail, packing committees, moral support, freakout rater, and of course just been there to talk and have fun! I am also grateful for the wonderful ward family and all of the love and support they have given me. I feel like I have been blessed with a lot of "second families" of people who have taken me in and have become amazing examples of service to me.
I have a strong testimony of this church and know that it is true and am so grateful for the joy it brings into my life. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us and am grateful for his constant support and comfort (especially now) and eternal sacrifice. I am so grateful for a living prophet who guides and directs this church and can't wait to share this LIVING gospel with the people in Russia. Although it will be hard and especially cold I know that with Him we can do all things and He always pays us back exponentially. I can't wait to hear from all of you and update you on my many escapades through Russia and of course the MTC.
Until next week, Sis. Morris


Right before getting set apart!
My amazing Grandma Charlie and Dad. Thanks Grandma for your love, support, and testimony!
Mom and Dad

8 comments:

  1. I'm ready if you are. It will be an adventure of a lifetime! You go Sister, Give 'Em Hell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, you will be awesome!! I will miss you so much, but know that this is all part of Heavenly Father's plan for you. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven, Tom, Heaven!! God be with you til we meet again, Dear Sister Morris!!!! You will be in our daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister Morris, our prayers are and will be with you. Enjoy every minute of your mission, because it will "fly" by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad-- I think it was Porter Rockwell who said "baptize the hell OUT of them." Get it right!! She can't even read your version!!

    Anyway, what a great surprise to know she can update a blog!! What a fantastic idea!! Can't wait to hear of your adventures Whit!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I found your blog!! I will check it everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, Sister Morris. We know you are going to be a wonderful missionary and will think of you and pray for you often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JOAN,

    Hi, this is Katie!! You know, Whitney's old/favorite roommate. Anyway, I have some fantastic pictures from us dropping Whitney off at the MTC. If you'd like them, I'll gladly email them to you! The problem is that I don't HAVE your email address! So if you email me (katienibley@gmail.com) I'll send the pictures along to you...and maybe you can even post them on here! Anyway, I hope everything's good in Boise and you're not missing Whitney too much. Ya know, I live right across the street from her so if you want me to sneak into the MTC and kidnap her, I will. Just give me the word.

    ReplyDelete

Followers