Monday, December 7, 2009

BRRRRR, it's cold in here... there must be a ...bear!?

Dear Friends and Family-
Well another week down and we are into DECEMBER!!! YEAH!!! I seems crazy that we are already into December and Christmas is just in a couple weeks. Also that I will be on my first visa trip in two weeks! Huzzah! Sounds like fun;) Well I hope everyone is well. As always, thanks so much for the emails and support. MISSIONARIES NEED IT! Especially this time of year.
Well it is winer in Russia. It is COLD! Like dad said, good thing we have borscht to keep us warm. This week has been good, HARD, but good. I have never been so TIRED in my life but I'm alive, warm and happy. We had some good lessons this week and we both just can't wait for the baptism this weekend. We planned the program with Sasha this week and he is so excited! He got to pick the songs, who would say the prayers and give the talks and who would baptize him. Renat, who I love, is baptizing him. Renat just joined the church this summer and is our ward missionary. He is so good to come out with us on lessons, contact with the Elders, and do this work. He is only 20 years old but he is dedicated tothe church and to his calling. When we first asked him if he would baptize Sasha he was a little weary but in the end decided yes and we are so excited!!! We are so excited and he is AMAZING. Just yesterday he amazed me again with his desire to be a member of this church. He came to church yesterday, completely by himself (his mom was sick)!!! He lives about a 30 minute martshutka ride from the church but he was there, in a suit, ready for Sacrament meeting. He came into the sacrament meeting, grabbed a hymn book and sat down ready for the meeting to start. He then stayed for all three hours and went back home again, AT LEAST a 30 minute ride, and he's only 13! It was so cool!
Well first things first, Sis. Pike we were losers and didn' realize there is a bear here! Yes, a real bear. It lives in the park. How did we not figure this out before, I will never know but luckily someone mentioned it and we found it in the park yesterday. In case you were nervous, it is in a cage but all in all there is a real bear in my area. Yeah. I can tell my grandkids that one day. I lived in Russia, with a real bear. How cool will that be! (I'm guessing dad's a little jealous right now:) Also my companion LOVES squirrels. Well actually all Russians do, come to find out. Everytime we're in the park and she sees a squirrel she squeals with delight. Oh the little things that bring you joy on a mission.
It looks like we will be having a conference in Samara right after our visa trip and then heading into our areas to work on Christmas. I am excited to go to the conference and get to see all of the missionaries and feel of the strength from that.
We had tea with Valentina this week which was so fun! I love her! She is so fun to be with and to talk to and she loves to have tea with us. We are hoping she will come to church next Sunday because I am playing a musical number in the ward. If anything can lure her there it is music so everyone pray that Valentina will go to church on Sunday! Also awesome yesterday was that Natalya went to church! Hurray! She is doing awesome and again I can't even express how much I love her!!!
Well I love you all! Thankyou so much for the emails. Ami- congrats on the baby girl! That is so awesome! I cannot wait for the next cousin camp with the new baby. Oh it will be so good, and I can't help but think that the beach sounds really nice right now:) Help the missionaries. The church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers