Hello Friends and Family!
Well another week has gone by! I love P-day because I get to hear from you and see how everyone is doing. It sounds like everyone is doing well and Christmas is going well!YEA! I can't believe Christmas is only in a week and a half. We are getting pretty excited for the Visa trip to... I don't know... and then to have an all mission conference! I think it will be pretty cool. Well first things first... we had an AWESOME baptism Satruday night and it was so fun! Sasha was baptized and it was a really cool experience for everyone there. He was baptized by Renat, a young man who just joined the church this summer and it was really cool to see him baptize someone for the first time. He did a great job and although he was really nervous it was really neat. The baptism service was really nice and a lot of members showed up which is always great and shows a lot of support for the new member. The confirmation was also a really cool experience and the spirit was so strong there. Elder Reshetnakov gave the blessing and it was so powerful! I also have to say there were cookies at the baptism which just made it all worth it:) Missionaries love cookies and sweets...hint...hint;) Also in good news Valentina came to church!!! Can you believe it!!! It was really neat to see her there and I thought it was really cool she got to see the confirmation of Sasha. The spirit was definitetly there so I hope she will come back soon. They forgot I was playing a musical number so after Sacrament meeting we went into a room and I played a few songs for her. My companion also can play the piano really well so we played her a duet. She really liked that!
It has finally snowed here which makes it a little warmer on the street. Yesterday on the way to church I only fell 2 times. The count has began because we all know how awesome I am at walking on slick surfaces:) Hopefully it won't be too bad!
Our diet has been going well, minus the cookies at the baptism and the treats Valentina brings us, AND the candy that Natalya bought us;) WE found a really awesome mountain in our area with a lot of houses on it that we like to hike so we'll see how that goes in the snow. I had a “missionary tender mercy” the other day. I was feeling a little down because one of our lessons fell through. We were walking down the street and a car drove by with the song “Jai-ho”. Needless to say I started skipping down the street. My companion thought I was a little crazy but I was just so happy to hear an American song! I know, probably not very missionarylike to want to hear music but it was fun nonetheless.
Well all is well here. As I said we are excited for Mission Conference next week and maybe a transfer? I don't know where I'll be calling from on Christmas but we will see! The church is true! Do some missionary work and have FUN! Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for the love and support, missionaries NEED it!
Love,
Whitney
No comments:
Post a Comment