Monday, February 1, 2010

Another year older and ... something else

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so blessed! All I can say is thankyou thankyou thankyou for all of the emails! I got so many AMAZING emails this week and I am so excited!!! I have the most amazing family and friends in the WORLD!!! (and that includes Taylor:) I have to say the best was the LOST party. WOW! I'm jealous but I'm sure I'll be doing great things as well Tuesday night, like contacting in the snow... I have to say though that it has been SOOO warm!!! Holy cow! Whoever thought that I would say it is Spring here when the temperatures are in the -8 range. It's the best. I walk around without gloves and my hood, tender mercy!
Well I am still in Oktabrasky area with Sister Stolyarova. We waited all Saturday and Sunday night for the Assistants call to know if we were changing areas but nothing came. We are excited to be here again and to be able to continue working with our wonderful investigator's. We had some good lessons this week with Natalya and Nina our new investigator. WE also had a great experience this week. We have been using a new system of planning where we focus on people. Each time we pray and then talk about WHO we want to find the next day. We have had some fun finding sessions for things like... wives for certain members of the ward (probably not completely appropriate) but it has been entertaining. Well this week we wanted to find a singer who could help in the choir and help out Luba because she helps us out so much. It was about 10 minutes before lunch, and if you've been a missionary you know how serious and important that time is, and we were heading towards home. We ran into a woman who we talked to you for a little bit. She said that she was a member of a different church but was not attending anymore. She then said that she had sung in their choir, she loved music, etc. WHAT? We continued to talk to her and she invited us over to her house right then and there, so we went with her to her house and were able to talk about the Book of Mormon with her, invite her to choir every Sunday and talk about meeting again. It was pretty cool to actually find what we were looking for and it reaffirmed my testimony that Heavenly Father knows us and knows each one of his children. When we follow the Spirit and we truly pray in faith, we will find ANSWERS! I am excited to continue working with her and hopefully she will be able to join the choir:)
No falls this week which is good but we've gotten a lot of snow this week so we'll see how it goes. We have planned to buy some Diet Coke today to celebrate my birthday and we will probably go to Natalya's for a lesson that night which is always a great experience! Well again thanks for the emails, Brooke, the pictures were AMAZING, Kubo, I”m glad you appreciate what I'm going through, Jill- Live up life, you'll only live everyday once(sounds weird but true), Cami- I just love you, Andrew- tell Ben hi and baby Jane! I love all of you and am so grateful for everything I have and the amazing blessings you are to me. The church is true. Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and we can do HARD THINGS!
Sister Morris
-One year older and not a bit wiser, unfortunately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers