To all of my Valentine's--
Well another week has gone by and it has been cold! We are definitely ready for Spring and warmer temperatures. We know that it is coming, it's just a matter of when :) Valentine's Day was pretty uneventful but I guess that's the way it should be when you are a missionary... not a very missionary holiday:)
I was excited to hear about the new mission president and wife here and am excited to meet them in a few months although we will all be very sad to see Sister and President Bennett go. We will have Zone Training tomorrow and so I am excited for that and a little spiritual enlightenment in our lives.
I had one great experience this week as we were on the bus to Natalya's. We have about a 40 minute bus ride to get there and so we always have time to talk to people. Right before we left the house I decided I would grab an extra Liahona to give away on the bus. AS we got on the bus it was VERY CROWDED (anyone who has ridden a bus in Russia knows what I mean) but I prayed that I would be able to find a seat (eventually) and give away the Liahona. About halfway through the ride I found a seat next to an older lady and began talking to her. I explained I was not from Saratov etc. And she asked where I was from. I said I was a missionary serving here and I was from America. She immediately started taking to me in ENGLISH! WHAT? She is a teacher here of English and so I was able to talk to her the rest of the ride in English. She teaches Kindergarten and was coming home from work and so we had a good talk about Kindergarten and I told her that I also wanted to be a teacher. I was able to tell her a little about the church and give her the Liahona. She surprisingly looked at me and asked «as a gift?» and I said of course! It was a great experience and I was so grateful that Heavenly Father answered my prayers to 1. find a seat on a very crowded bus and 2. to have a spiritual conversation and give away the Liahona.
Well the church is true! Keep praying for the missionaries and have fun watching the Olympics! We hear the Opening Ceremony was good and the Russians are definitely excited for the Olympics to start as well. They have a male figure skater that everyone is cheering for so it will be interesting to see how he does. I love you all! Thanks for the emails, support and prayers!
Sister Morris
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment