Dear Family and Friends!
Well another week has gone by in the Winter Wonderland I now call "home". Needless to say, (i'm guessing you have looked on the internet) Russia is still in the depths of Winter. It has snowed the last 2 days STRAIGHT and when I say snowed, I mean SNOW! The tramvai(like a trolley car thing) which was unable to run last week for about 4 days was recently uncovered thanks to hours and hours and hours of work and today, closed again. It makes a nightmare for those who want to use the bus because everyone is forced to use the only form of tranpsportaion running. But all is well. The snow will eventually melt, right...???....??? They are saying that Russia hasn't seen a winter like this is YEARS! It's been colder, for longer with more snow than they have had for over 15 years. I think it's all a gift to me! So what do we do... contact and keep going! Yea for missionary work! This week has been good, a little snowy, but good.
First things first, Taylor you are amazing and my hero. Why didn't I do better in High School sports, I don't know but it's so fun to hear how awesome you are! Congrats on getting MVP and everything. Molodets. Well today is a big HOLIDAY in Russia and I love it. It is offical Women's Day and so everyone on the street congratulates you, women everywhere are carrying beautiful flowers and at church yesterday the members were AMAZING and gave us candy and zefir-- my absolute favorite. We bought some flowers on the street today for Valentina and will buy a card for her. She is amazing to us and so we feel we owe her something, even if it's a little small:)
We had some great lessons this week and one with a former investigator Suzanna and her sister Ryzanna( PIKE-- big, big, big, big, privet from both of them! They LOVE YOU!). They are truly amazing and I LOVE teaching them! We were able to teach them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and talk a little about baptism. There wil be a baptism service here in Saratov on Wednesday if all goes well and so we are hoping that they will be able to attend. We also had a lesson with Lidia which went well. For those of you know Sister Kenney, I found the Russian version. She is totally like Sister Kenney and she even worked as a music teacher in a Kindergarten so yeah, sersiouly, weird. She was able to come to church yesterday and we were so happy! She stayed the whole three hours and LOVES the hymns. That's her favorite part of church (mine too) and so we had a good time singing together.
Last Monday my companion and I wanted to go to REAL the Russian equivalent of WalMart and so we got on one tramvai which immediately turned the wrong way, waited for 40 minutes for the next one which didn't come, waited 20 minutes for a marshutka, got on a bus, missed the stop to REAL and went back a couple stops and FINALLY made it to Real. Of course what we wanted wasn't there so we headed back home to our good old Magnit where we bought what we wanted and FINALLY went home. It was a crazy day but luckily we were able to laugh the whole time and just keep "chalking it up to experience".
Wednesday night we were able to go to Natalya's for a lesson and on the bus we were able talk to a mom with a 2-month old baby and a 6 year old. She was getting off on the same stop so we helped her get her stroller off the bus and I was able to testify of the blessings of an eternal family and gave her the Proclamation to the World and a booklet on how to be a happier family and invite her to church. I pray that everything in her family works out and that they will be able to find the church and realize the joys that come from being an eternal family and strengthening reliationships through the Gospel. Overall it was a good week and we are looking forward to another good week, even with the snow. The Gospel is true and Heavenly Father truly answers prayers! Thanks for the love and support!
Sister Morris
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment