Monday, June 28, 2010

HEAT WAVE!!!!

Hello family and friends from the sunny and hot lands of... Russia???
Yes, it is HOT! We have been having a heat wave in Saratov right now and the temperatures are only climbimg. We have heard that it should mellow out in the next couple days and stay around 30 C which is pretty nice. We had a great week this week and just continue to love doing missioanry work.
We of course had some adventures this week while tracting-- including almost becoming brides to a nice armenian family with two sons but we'll save those kind of stories for after the mission...
We have a "progressing contact"-- someone we see often and talk to you but they haven't become our investigator yet, who we saw this week and gave us about 30 minutes of fashion advice. I was feeling pretty good about how I looked that day-- i mean I had straightened my hair, had on what I thought was a cute skirt and cute top and did my makeup, but I was wrong. She is a middle-aged mom who we talk to frequently and she is AWESOME! We love talking with her because she is just so open and easy to talk to. She immediately told me my skirt was terrible, my top was okay, my hair was better but my makeup was a nightmare and she wasn't even going to talk about my shoes (have to love the missionary comfort shoes). I just laughed and laughed and asked her what I should do with the makeup and what kind of clothes I needed-- she proceeded to tell me how to do my makeup etc. It was great. We then were able to talk to her a little about the Gospel and offer her a movie-- Together. We set up a time to meet next week to give her the movie about families and talk a little more about the Gospel-- I just hope I look a little better;) But we had a great time getting to know her and about ehr family. She is so interested why two young girls from America would leave everything and ome to Russia to walk the HOT streets. We were able to tell her why we had a DESIRE to come and share the GOSPEL with people and how we knew it was true.
We also had some great inactive visits this week. We can meet with inatives at 8:30 any night and so have been trying to find some to work with in our area that will let us come and do a spiritual thought with them and this week we found some! It was such a miracle. Both of the women we found from contacting and just running into them on the street. Both were not on our ward lists and we were so happy we found them. One of them made the comment this week that they felt like they had been lost, that no one knew about them etc. It was so great to meet with them, talk about the blessings of coming to church and invite them to come. One of our ladies came to church and really enjoyed it and we are so excited to keep working with her!!! So the Lord really does bless us and give us everything we need for success.
I love the Gospel and am so happy to still be here in Oktyakbrasky with these AMAZING members! I am excited for another week of missionaring and look forward to meeting more people this week and sharing the Gospel. Go share you testimony with someone and help someone feel the love of the Savior. I love you all!
I also have to give a big THANKYOU to President and Sister Bennett. I klnow that everyone says their mission president is the best and the love him etc. but I can say without a doubt that MY mission president is the best. I have loved being able to serve them and will be sad to see them go this week. They are an amazing example of dedicated service and especially of love. Their love for the Russian people and for missionary work is inspiring and has changed my life. They have helped me become a better person, have a stronger testimony and know who I am. I am so grateful for their unselfish service and their time they have spent here-- even when it means listening to missionaries like me "whine" (thankyou Elder Sly). We will miss them but I know that they will continue to serve and that Sister and President Sartori will also be amazing and wonderful and we are excited to get to know them!
Paka
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers