Monday, June 14, 2010

Piroshki Polychili Pyatorichka! (Piroshki Received a 5!)

Family and Friends!
Well another week gone by in the mission field. I know that I say it every week but it is so weird to think that already another week is going by. With the warmer weather, the days seem to move a little faster and the weeks go even faster. It could also be that I've been on my mission longer and longer but who knows. This week was good and filled with AMAZING people and lots of fun!
P-day last week we got permission to go to REAL the WalMart of Russia and had a great time there! It was AMAZING to see a whole grocery store and have so many choices. I fortunately bought a new scarf and a new skirt so that was also fun.
Wednesday we had a great lesson with an investigator and were able to talk about the blessings of the temple. It was a fantastic lesson and fortunately the member that was with us has been through the temple and was able to explain why she loves going to the temple and what it means for her. The saints here in Russia make such great sacrifices to go the temple and I absolutely love to hear their testimonies about it. Our member is preparing to go to them temple in July and they save and save and take a week off of work to make the trip to FINLAND! She is an amazing example of dedication and service to the Lord. As members in the USA we have to make sure we are also making sacrifices to go to the temple and do the work that so desperately needs to be done. We should never take for granted the ease and luxury of going to the temple and try and do everything we can to be there more frequently. I LOVE THE TEMPLE and am so excited to be able to go when I get back. if you have the chance this week, GO to the temple. We are so blessed to have it in our lives and in the case of many people in the US within an hour driving time.
And now for the big news... UI had learned how to make piroshki or little fried rolls with potatoes in them from my companion Sister Stolyarova. She always made them for SIster Bennett when we had conference and since we had conference this week I knew that I had to "fill her shoes". I decided I would try and make some piroshki, although I had never done it by myself. But I tried and... they turned out really really good. After I had made them I thought I would take a few to our hazaika Valentina, so we took them to her house. About two minutes after we left she came knocking on our door. Gave me a huge hug and a kiss and said they were AMAZING. She gave me "5" (how they get graded in Russia on exams and things-- its the highest you can recieve) and told me that my future husband is going to be TOLSTI (fat). It was definitely a compliment to have a Russian Babushka, who has been eating piroshki her whole life, tell me mine were pretty good-- so it was a good day!:)
WE also had a great lesson with her this week and I was able to show her my family history and tell a few stories from that and invite her to fill out a chart for her family. She was really excited and so we are also excited to see how it turned out!
Conference was Friday and it was absolutely and totally wonderful!!! I absolutely loved it! We were able to talk a lot about the atonement and what it means for us and also have a testimony meeting. It was great to hear the testimony's of all of the Elder's serving here in Saratov. They are amazing and so strong for the work they are doing and how they are growing and maturing. I love the BENNETT's and am so sad to see them leave but I know our new president and his wife will also be great. They have done so much good work for this mission and for the church here and they are amazing. Their spirit and love has deeply blessed and touched my life and has made me a different person! I love them and will miss them but they too need to see their family, move on and start serving somewhere else. We all have a work to do, no matter where we are.
Well I have probably bored you all out of your minds-- this seems really long so I will wrap it up. Go to the temple, do some missionary work and remember how much the Lord loves you! i love you all! Thanks for the mail, support and prayers. The church is true!
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers