Monday, September 21, 2009

Aerobics at the MTC?

Whitney wrote Dad and I this past week and shared some funny stories that I had to post on the blog:
"So I totally forgot to tell you my funny stories. So in the mornings they open the gym at 6 am for sisters to go and use. I have been going every morning with my roommate Sister Walker because I am awake anyway. This week they started an aerobics class so we went yesterday. SO FUNNY!! It's this cute little BYU girl who has 3 children. There were like 50 sisters there and we did aerobics - the best part was that it was to hymns! Picture 50 sister missionaries, doing aerobics to hymns that sound like someone just turned on the beat on their keyboard and played the melody over it. Needless to say - good times. My roommates and I laughed REALLY hard. I REALLY wanted Patricia to be there - she would have whipped us into shape!
My other funny story - yesterday we claimed the soccer field for a sister soccer game. It was hilarious. You have never heard so much screaming and yelling. Anytime the ball would fly towards someone they'd scream. My team lost - I think it's the Morris curse (thanks Devin) that the teams you like can never win. But it was really fun. Some of the Elder's just sat watching us and laughing. I have to say it was a bit ridiculous but fun. We've decided we will have to take over the field on Mondays as well. The Elders will not be happy but oh well.
Some thoughts from the Elder Hinckley devotional...
"It is in the ledger of your daily work that your greatness is shown - not in one flambouyant hour."
He talked about the importance of hard work and diligence which I agree is so important. He also talked a lot about having the faith to succeed. That was good for me to hear because I need to remmind myself I can be successful and I can do this work!
Another awesome thing about Sunday was that Sister Cheryl Lant of the Primary Presidency was our speaker (I totally forgot!). It was really really good and she focused on teaching children the Gospel, how to share scriptures with them and how to involve them in the lesson. It was really good! She also talked about how good it is to get children, even young children to pray.
Anyways, it's been a good week - the MTC is an interesting place and missions are CRAZY! Thanks for your support! I don't think I'll have time to write Sara and Sarah and Devin this week but tell them I love them and miss them. Tell them thanks for the packages!
Love, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers