Sunday, September 27, 2009

One Week Left (Part II)

Here is the continuation of Whitney's letter. She had an email all written and the computer signed her off so she sent me a written letter:
"I am so bummed about my email. I had written the most amazing email - Seriously!! It had a ton of funny stories and then it closed. I was so mad! How are you? How's the fam? I'm sorry they all got so sick! Can you believe I leave this week? I can't! I'm kind of freakin out but at the same time - so excited!! Woo Hoo!! I'ts definitely time to leave but I have loved the MTC. It is such a good experience here. It is such a spiritual high!
So I told you Elder Holland was here. It was amazing! I love having apostles here because they have such a strong spirit. His talk was all about how awesome a mission is and how it will change you and influence you for the rest of your life. I loved how he said it will refine you. I also loved that he talked about missions and that they are supposed to be hard. He said they are hard because salvation never has been easy or cheap. I loved the quote , he said, "IF it was hard for Him, it has to be a little bit hard for you - or else you don't get to be His disciple - you're going to have to walk part of the road, cry some of the tears. The road to salvation always goes through Gethsamane." I loved it! I didn't get it exactly but that's the gist.
Also last week I went off campus - I think I told you in my email. We taught some Russians and it was really good. I'm amazed at how much I'm able to understand.
I am sending home a big bag with stuff with Jules (Emily's Mom). Either Emily will have it or it will be at the house. It will also have a CD with all of the pictures on it from here (or most). You can just get it the next time you're in Utah. Like I said, I don't know when I'll call you. We won't get to the airport til 5 am and then leave. Hopefully I can call from Atlanta. I am not sure but if we find out - I'll make sure and write you a quick note with when I'll call.
We have been teaching Dima, our progressing investigator and it's been going well. I'm sad to leave him. I don't know if I've told you but when I was teaching a native Russian one of them said, "When you speak Russian, you sound like you're underwater." I just said (something russian) and kept going. It was hilarious. Afterwards my compaion and I (CT. Birtcher)just died laughing! It was awesome!
I am so excited to talk to you! Today was our last temple day and it was so happy but sad to know it will be a long time before I go back. Keep going for me. We did sealings as a branch and it was really good.
Well, I hope all is well. I hope I will be able to write you when I can call. I love you all so much and am grateful for you!! If I get anymore news on traveling I'll let you know!!
The Gospel is true! Missions are awesome!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers