Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

Well another week down and the weather is AMAZING!!! It is soooo warm here and we couldn't be happier. The sun is out and snow is slowly but surely melting! We love the when the weather is good! It is such a blessing for missionaries and it puts everyone on the street in a better mood. Well this week was good. Monday we had a "missionary miracle". We have a rule in this mission that we can't go into stores or buy anything on any other day than P-day which ends officially at 6. So we had wanted to find me a Spring coat because the temperatures were FINALLY and THANKFULLY starting to warm up. So we got permission to leave our area around 4 in the afternoon and headed out with about 2 hours to find a coat. We looked and looked but couldn't find what we wanted. We finally found one, ran into the dressing room, decided to buy it, ran to the cashier and... looked at the receipt of the coat.... 5:58. That meant that we were on the street at 6 and contacting. yeah, we are awesome! We had good lessons with our investigators this week and are so excited to keep working with them.
Saturday night was the Musical Easter and it was a great night. The members had put together a slide show and a history of the church here in Saratov and it was a very special night. I was so happy that we got to be there and help them out. Sister and i played a duet and some missionaries here in the area sang "abide with me" which turned out really nice. It was a great evening and we really enjoyed being able to be there.
Well for those of you who had forgotten about my tendency to fall... not to worry... this week I hit the big number 27 and with the melting snow and the sidewalks starting to show the falls are just getting more... painful. I fell right between two BIG puddles as I was trying to catch myself. I really thought that I was going to make it without falling but alas, I fell. I had a HUGE bump on my knee for at least 4 days but other than that nothing was hurt, except maybe my pride a little. I just always remember the quote from Batman, "why do we fall?" " So we can learn to pick ourselves back up". So... Ill keep picking myself back up and thanks to Alfred and Batman maybe I'll learn something in the meantime.
Easter here was good. In Russia there is a special cake that everyone eats on Easter and so we were fortunate enough to eat it yesterday, thanks to the AMAZINGNESS of our landlady. it was pretty good and I guess it's a once-in-a-year thing. It is called Kylichi and it's a really cute cupcake looking cake thing that tastes kind of like a cinnamon roll. We also colored eggs using onions, something I had never done, but in Russia they don't "dye" eggs they just boil them with red onions and they come out a really cool color. It is a lot healthier and was a lot of fun to experience.
So everything here is good. Thanks for the emails and support. Conference here in Russia is this coming weekend so maybe we will be able to watch a session this weekend but I'm glad to hear that it was good. I love conference! The church is true.
Sister Morris
So the first picture is me "crying repentance" from the street. because of all the snow and then the warm weather.... the streets are pretty wet. Like I said a couple of weeks ago we bought rubber boots and so wear those as we contact because that is what we walk through.
2. I am doing some personal study in the puddle to maximize our time as missionaries, we are just trying to be effective.
3. This is with one of our investigators Suzanna. She is awesome!
4. This was after the Easter concert with one of the members, Alla. She organized the whole thing and is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers