Monday, November 15, 2010

Dreams

Family and Friends-
We had a fantastic week! Thanks for all of the emails. I just need to tell about one dream I had this week beacuse I know that KATIE will find it espeically funny. So i was serving on a mission and the phone rang. I answered it and it was... Rand, yes Katie, your dad. So we chatted for awhile, he asked me how things were going, I asked why he had called, he avoided the question and then I just kept asking if I could talk to Nance because I was DYING to talk to Nance. He kept turning me down! So it was a weird dream and I still don't know why he called but he wouldn't even let me talk to NANCE. It was definitely sad, I woke up just thinking that I needed to call somebody back. BUT ANYWAY... This week we had a lot of miracles and we can defenitely see the hand of the Lord in this work and especially in this branch. He is blessing
us so much! We were able to this week to have a few really great lessons and it was especially great to be able to work with members of our ward. Tuesday night we were able to go and visit the mom of a member here and she was so nice and friendly! We loved getting to visit with her and we are really excited to strart working with her
and teaching her the Gospel. Wednesday we had a great lesson with a member here who is struggiling with some health problems and the Spirit was so strong. WE were able to talk a lot about the love God has for us and how he shows us that love. It was such a great opportunity to be able to testify about the power of our Heavenly
Father's love. We also had a great lesson with one of our new investigators and her daughter. WE watched the Restoration film and it was so great to be able to talk about the need and reality of a living prophet who leads and guides the church. We also talked about the Book of Mormon and the blessings we can receive from such a book. I know the Book of Mormon is true and so I absolutely love to share my testimony with others about it. We also had a miracle last night. A few weeks ago while tracting we met a fantastic lady and on SUnday night we were able to meet with
her. We taught the first lesson and the spirit was very very strong! She said that she would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We prayed at the end, and she even prayed, and then we stood up to leave. When we were about to go, her husband and son came in and she begged us to teach them as well. So we waited while she talked to them and convinced them to come in and hear our message. WE were then able to
teach the 1st lesson, one more time to her husband and son. It was such a great experience and it was very interesting to see how the lessons were different but centered around the same thing. We are really really excited to be able to work with them in the next coming weeks to help them see how the Gospel can and will bless their family. I am so grateful for a family and espeically parents who taught and
lived the Gospel. I was able to testify about the power of having family prayer, family home evening and family scripture study. I am sooo grateful for my amazing parents who taught us right and always helped us to follow after our Savior. I am still amazed by my parents who do that everyday and are always striving to follow their Savior and serve in the ward, community and in their family with all of their
heart, might, mind and strength. Overall it was a fantastic night and we felt so blessed as missionaries to be a part of it. Right now I am in Samara, preparing for a Visa trip tomorrow. WE came in on the train this morning and I'm a little tired but we;re excited to get to spend a few days with the sisters here in Samara. It seems
really weird that I will have my last VIsa trip and just yesterday I was telling Sister Ostapchuk taht I feel like I was just there! But everything will be good. In the course of this email I may have forgotten to mention our most "productive and effective" night as missionaries but I think that story will wait till after the mission ;) Have a good week, I love you all and pray for you! Thanks for your
prayers and support! Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers