Well another week gone down! AHH! I feel like I just wrote home but I guess it has already been a full week. It seems that everything at home is well and I am was so happy to see those amazing pictures of the kids. HOLY COW! My nieces and nephew are the cutest things in the world. I am so happy! Sara-- I am amazed by you! Thanks for your example of being a great mom and being so active. WOW! It's going to be hard to keep up with you when I get home. Well this week has been good. The weather hasn't been too cold and I have really enjoyed the rainy and cloudy days. Like Sara said,
oppostition in all things. I appreciate the colder weather and rainy days and just think about how blessed we are to have such fantastic weather. Well this week started out with a Branch Home Evening with a showing of the TESTAMENTS. That was a hit and it was really funny to watch in Russian. I really enjoyed being with the members and just getting to know them better. We were able this week to meet with some really cool investigaotrs and so we are excited this next week to keep meeting with them. On Friday night we had a tour at the Branch building that was supposed to be in Russian. The people who showed up all happened to be studying English and so we decided to just do the tour in English. It was perfect! One of the girls had actually lived
in New York and Pittsburg on a job excahnge and so she speaks PERFECT ENGLISH! It was great to get to know her and to be able to talk to her about the Gospel in English (which is so WEIRD-- when you've talked abuot the Gospel in another lanuguage for almost a year and a half-- it is really really really hard to talk about it in English) but the tour was really good and she is really interested in knowing more.
WE also had a great experience knocking. It was pouring rain one day adn so we decided in the afternoon block to head inside and do some tracting. We did the 1st podezd and I thought, well okay, that's it, but my companion said we should do another one, so we kept going. We knocked and a few people talked to us adn then knocked on a door and a lady opened the door and just started crying. SHe invited us in and said that we had come "just in time". We were able to talk about the
blessings of the Gopsel and especially about prayer. Because earlier that day we had sung on the octanobke, we still had a hymnbook and so we were able to sing for her Our Savior's Love. Overall it was great and it was a testimony builder to know that as we are DILIGENT- we just keep going and we have the spirit, Heavenly Father really can make us an instrument in his hands.IN other news... we had our 1st ever "Break the Fast" with our branch last night and it was a hoot. I had decided to do NACHOS because I thought they would think that was really intersting. So we did a few
plates of nachos and set them in front of the babushki. YES. They were shocked. They kept asking me how to eat them, what they were etc. It was so fun to explain to them that they had to eat them with their hands. They then pulled out a knife and tried to "CUT" our nachos. I immediately said, NELZYA, you have to eat with your hands. It was
amazing. Overall the lunch was very very successful and there was lots of good food for everyone. The Nachos, in the end, were a big hit and they all wanted to know how they were done. Oh how I love the simpleness of after-school snacks. Well, thanks for the emails and love and support. We continue to be amazed by the love of our Heavenly
Father and the blessings that he ABUNDANTLy pours out on us! Sister Morris
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment