So it's true. This week we had snow.. and oh it was cold. BUT it just means I get to wear my magenta hat and scarves and gloves... so actually... I was singing. I feel bad for my companion because I was skipping along the street because I was so glad to have the first snow. It was so pretty! unfortunately it has all melted and we are
back to mud and gray but hey, one day of a winter wonderland wasn't too bad. Well this week has been really good. We had been working really really hard and are so excited because this past week was our first WARD ACTIVITY! We planned a Halloween party ( I think my mom has some pictures) and it was amazing. I have to say that my favorite part was watching EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Grandma's in attendance bob for
apples. Can you imagine it? I loved it!!!! I had a hoot standing by the bucket of apples cheering them on! It was inspiring. They were so great to be good sports and do all of the activities, including eating bagels off a string (doughnuts like in America don't exist here so we had to improvise a little bit). In connection with the apples was the discussion between the Grandma's about how it was easier for some of
them because they had their real teeth and some didn't. Wow. I was in heaven! Included in the festivities was a fishing for prizes pond set up by the Elders and our Branch President's son. I brought the prizes and supplies and basically told them to "set up a fishing pond" and i think they did fantastic! As I said, every grandma also participated in that and ended up with some awesome stickers and toy cars to give their grandkids ;) The other room was a rousing game of TWISTER which
was a big hit in Russia. I think for some of the people it was the
first time they had seen that kind of game and it was great. We also had a "make a costume out of toilet paper" contest and "pin the face on the pumpkin". At the end, of course, were treats and serenading by a member here in penza who plays a mean guitar and harmonica. Overall, the night was FANTASTIC, and the members (and missionaries) had a great time. We were able to have a couple investigators there as well and so it was a great chance for them to just see the building, hear a
spiritual thought, and get to know members. I love working with the members!
In other events, this week we were able to serve some ward members this week which was great. We were able to clean and sing to some of the grandma's in our ward and it was great time. I have to say that this week was also especially amazing because our prihod was almost FULL yesterday. We had so many members there and it was so great to
just see all of these sweet Russian people who I adore, come unto Christ by coming to church. It was such a neat experience to all be there yesterday and to be able to partake of the sacrament and feel the love our Heavenly Father has for us. It is so complete and so full and I love being able to share that love with others and feel that love. We are so blessed to have this Gospel and the opportunity to know about it! Wow! Well I am almost out of time but I love all of you! Thanks Sis. Pike
for the fabulous email last week! it was sooooo happy! It sounds like everyone had a great Halloween and I loved seeing how the kids dressed. I would like to see a picture of Eva if at all possible.... I think her costume sounds amazing! Well I love you! Have a good week!
Sister Morris
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment