Friends and Family!
Well another week gone by and YES I officially reached 6 months on the mission. It is so interesting to look back and see what has happened in the last year and how drastically my life has changed. Again thanks for the love and support. I love to hear from all of you and to hear how you are doing. It is with great enthusiasm I report this week the Fall count: 0! Yep! I rock! Which is pretty impressive considering Sister Stolyarova and I RAN home 4 nights out of the week. We had appointments and were running late those nights and so literally RAN home! I was so afraid I would fall but luckily Heavenly Father answers our prayers (and my mom's) and I never fell! WOOHOO! We'll try for 2 weeks of no falling but I”m not making any promises.
Well Dad, I have to correct you on one aspect of your email. You said it was the German philosopher who said “what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger” but I believe it was Kanye West who made the saying popular! Man am I grateful for him. Well in other news for the week we had some interesting lessons this week but they were good. I love working with the members and feel so grateful for them and what they are doing here in Saratov. There are so many AMAZING members of the church here that are so strong and so willing to help us and help their brothers and sisters here in Russia. Elder Reshetnakov (who is in our ward, a member of th 70) gave an amazing talk a Sunday ago on service. He said when he got his call to serve in the 70's he didn't know what to do, how to do it, etc. and he said the only advice they gave him was to “forget yourself and serve”. It is so true and so important!!! I challenge everyone this week to find someone to serve and JUST DO IT! It's our job while we're here, I read President Monson's talk recently on serving (in Russian so I probably missed out on some key doctrine), BUT we need to be lifting heads that hang down, helping those in need, giving to those who have less (that includes spirituality). It I so important to be looking for others and helping them! (Do I sound like a missionary, I think I just gave a commitment through email, awkward).
Enough spiritualness let's get to the good stuff... It's been pretty cold here (-16 avg) and so Friday night we decided one less hour on the street would be good and so we cleaned our podezd (stair well of our apartment). It was pretty dirty but needless to say warmer than being on the street. We also cleaned our entryway for Valentina because she usually does it. Alexander Sergeiovich came home and told us we were awesome so we felt pretty good about ourselves.
There are only 2 weeks left in the cycle and then a new cycle (of course) but I am very excited to see where I will be. I would LOVE to stay here in Oktabrasky because I absolutely love the ward and our investigators here!!!
Well I think that is about it! Have a great week! Love you all and thanks for everything you do! The church is definitely true!
Sister Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment