TAYLOR GRADUATED!!! Congrats! Way to go! I’m so proud of you and so proud of who you are. You are an amazing young adult and will do amazing in life! Now….go find a job, you bumJ
Well another week down in mission field, always interesting. It has been a good week, as usual lots of stress, ups and downs and everything in between. We are proud to announce that this week we were gifted with a multitude of random food items—displayed below in picture—one of the many joys of being a sister missionary.
I have to say that this week contains my CRAZIEST missionary night story yet. Although not scary like the Elder’s and not filled with running and jumping on trains like a movie, I think this night hits the top for Quality Missionary moments—especially in Russia. There is a comic about missionaries that lists certain events that need to happen on your mission like get cursed, get chased by dog, etc. Well this night hit quite a few of those so it all starts as we are walking the streets, already tired and run into our friendly babyshka friend who is RUSSIAN ORTHODOX. She is ALWAYS trying to tell us about her church and what she does etc. We love to talk to her and she is really funny! She lives in a little house up in the and has goats and lots of vegetables. (She is the one who gave us the goat milk and all of the vegetables). Anyway she invited us over immediately to share a spiritual thought with her. Well she has a really cool house, as I said on top of a hill so the view was amazing and it was beautiful there! We sat down to have our spiritual thought and I looked on the table and she had “bmecte haveki” or the Together Forever film the church puts out. I asked her how she had that film and she said she LOVES it, agrees with all of the doctrines etc. I asked her where she got it because we had not given it to her and she said she bought it at church. I thought that was a little interesting because I didn’t know the Pravaslavni church sold Together Forever and I didn’t know that you could even BUY it—I think the church gives them out for free…. So anyways we talked about Jesus Christ and read a good article out of the Ensign. We then asked if we could pray with her. She said sure and started to pray. She then directed each of us to pray. As we prayed she prayed in tongues in a whisper over the top of us. My companion and I just looked at each other a little shocked but just said, oh well. We finished the prayer and she then began to recite the Lord’s Prayer. She asked us why we didn’t join in and we explained that we still didn’t know it perfectly in Russian. We then all hiked back down the hill and she gave us a lecture on how everyone should be able to recite the Lord’s prayer etc. Overall and it was very interesting but just one of those classic mission moments. I think that probably ever missionary has had someone pray in tongues at one point on their mission and I’m just glad that it finally happened to me.
The rest of the week was pretty good but seems a little boring after that story. We had some good lessons in the park and our love for the park grows more and more everyday as we have lessons there. It is such a nice place to meet people and always peaceful. This week should be pretty good filled with an exciting visa trip to Kiev tomorrow to renew my visa and then lots of MISSIONARY WORK. Well the church is true. I love all of you and have to give a special shout out to Katie—tell Nance I miss her and will also join you in her camp. Woohoo!
Thanks for the love support and prayers.
Sister Morris
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment