Dear Family and Friends!
Well I'm glad to hear that everything is well at home! i have to say first that Taylor is amazing! HOLY COW! Your talk was incredible. Thankyou so much for that and for letting me read it. I think you are developing your dad's gift of being able to give talks. I loved everything you said and it was so intersting to read it and to feel your testimony. You are growing into an incredible young man and I am so excited to spend some time with you soon at BYU. Thanks for your talk.
This week was good. Nothing too exciting happened but we had a crazy week of just running into people on the street that were either or investigators or we had talked to before. I think that they were "tender mercies" from Heavenly Father and it was just a reminded to me that he always answers prayers and is VERY AWARE of all of his missionaries-- even when we think he's not. Last Monday because Sunday was Mother's day we thought it was best if we bought some flowers and gave them to our "mom" here in Russia so we hit the rinok and bought some daisies for Valentina. We knocked on her door and she was so happy and surprised! SHe loved it!!! She gave us kisses, told us how much she loves us and was so grateful! WE told her how grateful we were for her and all she does for us literally EVERY DAY! It was a great way to brighten someone's day.
This week I also got told that I am 40ish. NA camom dele I don't think it was meant to be that way but it was pretty funny. We talked to a lady on the street and she asked my companion if I was her mom. I just laughed and said, "huh?" I explained that we were just FRIENDS and she said oh okay. I guess I look old but oh well! 10 months on the mission this week. I'm like a Grandma now! We had a pizza party to celebrate 10 months on the mission and had really yummy pizza! Yea for missions!
We had a couple great lessons this week with our investigators and it is so cool to see how they are progressing. We had a great lesson this week with one of our investigator's about the Restoration and PROPHETS. She had AMAZING questions about how we know that the prophet REALLY is a prophet and not just a guy who said, "hey, look, I'm a prophet"". It was a great experience to be able to bear testimony and then ask her to pray to know that Thomas C. MOnson in a prophet. People are so used to someone telling them what to do, what to believe and what is "TRUE". Our church is differnet in that way. I can tell everyone here that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and he is, but it's up to them to know for themselves. As it says in the Introdction to the Book of Mormon "we invite all men, everywhere, to read the book and ask GOD." It's their choice, their decision and their answer to know that he was a prophet. WE challenged her to ASK GOd to know if he is a prophet and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and it was just a great lesson. I love when people have questions because it means they are THINKING! We also ran into a contact we had met a few weeks ago and had lost contact with. Unfortnately she had read on the internet a LOT about our church and none of it true. She said she was too scared to come to church because she heard how we do crazy things with dead people etc. We talked to her for a long time and again, just issued the challenge to pray for herself to know. TO come to church and see for HERSELF what we do at church and what our church is like. It was a good converation and I was just so grateful for the chance Heavenly Father has given us to know, decide and feel for ourselves and to be agents to ourselves. We all have the opportunity and privilege to know truth and the only source for truth is God, our Heavenly Father. I know he answers prayers and I know that he is aware of each one of us!
Well I'm out of time but have a great week and share the Gospel! It's our responsibility and really, our privilege. I love you all!
Sister Morris
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment