Well first things first! Congratulations Taylor that you GRADUATED!!! And molodets on tennis. It is so fun to be able to read about you and to see how you are doing. I can't wait to do some time together at BYU! WOOHOO! Well this week was GREAT! We had so many miracles and met with some amazing people! We had a fantastic week of just "missionarying" and we really saw the hand of the Lord in our work.
Tuesday night we had a great lesson with our investigator Tatiana and are so excited to keep working with her. There was a class from a traveling couple missionary Tuesday night and so we taught her before the class and then while she was in the class we had interviews with President Bennett. They were amazing and I am so grateful for an AMAZING mission president who is so aware of all of the missionaries and what they need. we also had Zone Conference this past week and it was great! It was really inspiring and just made me want to be a 100% better as a missionary. Always at conference I get a new perspective on missionary work and it is always just a great energizer to keep going and doing this work. We talked a lot about patience and it was such a good reminder for me that this works takes time but most importantly that GOD knows everything. He knows all of our investigator;'s, He knows all of the people we talk to, serve, see on the street etc. He will always do the work how it needs to be done and all we can do is our very best, serving with all of our heart, might and mind and then it's up to the Lord.
Thursday we were able to have a great lesson with another of our investigators and watch "the Restoration". IT was great to be able to talk about Joseph Smith and how he was a prophet. It is amazing to think about what he did for us and for the church and the sacrifice he was willing to give. What we are asked to do really is such a small amount. We are here to be witnesses of God and to help people come unto him. We do that through our examples and by talking to our friends and colleauges about the church and about what we believe. It is our responsibiltiy and duty to share the Gospel with those around us and to "lift the heads that hang hopelessly down". As I said I can't even number all of the amazing miracles we saw this week just in talking to people, teaching and working with members. It is very true that as a missionary you never feel more love. On the street this week we were given flowers from 3 people! We just talked to them and at the end of our conversation they decided to give us flowers. The Elder's, I think are getting a little frustrated with us because they haven't gotten any yet;) When they call to make sure we are all home we now have to say, "doma, vo vrema, bezapocnasti, i c cvettochkami", "home, on time, safely and with flowers"! This work is amazing and I LOVE IT! I am so grateful to have this teeny-tiny experience to serve the Lord. A mission really is such a miniscule amount of time to give the to the Lord and I"m excited to be able to serve my whole life. It really is true-- every member a missionary. Thankyou for the love and support and especially prayers! The missionaries need it! I love you all and hope you have a FANTASTIC week!
SIster Morris
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment