So I think I could be named as the worst daughter ever! I talked to my mom today and didn't even say HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY! WHat is that? SORRY mom but just know that I love you and think you are the best mom in the world! It's not even a contest. THankyou for everytihng you do, your testimony and your ability to always know exactly what your kids needs. You are amazing and an amazing example to me and everyone around you. I absolutely LOVED talking to you all today! It was such a treat. I was a little nervous at first thinking , oh I'm going to phone home today but it was fantastic! It is so good to hear that everything is going well and I just love being able to know what everyone is doing. And DAD it was such a treat to talk to you:) And Happy Mother's Day to all the other mothers like SARA- you look so good, SARAH, and AMI, and many many others! And thankyou JILL for the email-- it was a big treat!
Well this week was good. c днём победы!!!! The weather has been AMAZING and we just had some great lessons and things this week! Last Monday we got permission to go into the center of the city to find my companion some shoes and I also was able to look at some new clothes. It was fun to be in the center of the city and we had a good time shopping and looking around. Tuesday night was AMAZING! We had talked to Luba and were able to set up with her to go and visit our hozaika Valentina. We had an amazing night with her and were able to sing war songs, thanks to den pobedi, with her husband Alexander on the accordion. Luba taught us a Russian "war" song and so it was so great to be able to talk to them. Den Pobedi is a big holiday in Russia that celebrates all of the war veterans from World War II and this year was 65 years. It was great to see all of the patriotism.
We also had a lot of great lessons this week with some of our investigators and because the weather has been nice we have been able to just meet in the park. YEA! We can just meet on a nice park bench which is so much nicer! We met a lot of great people this week and so are so excited to keep workgin with them and to teach them. One of our investigator's also returned from being home for about a month adn so we were SOOOOOO excited to see her! I am so happy that she is back and that we can start working with her! SHe is amazing and so we will see how things go. We have met with a lot of youth recently which I absolutely love! Here in Saratov they have a Family Home Evening for the Youth every Wednesday night and so we are so excited to be able to invite youth to there. It is so important to have good friends, to be together and to do things together and have fun together! I was so lucky growing up to have amazing friends, and still do, so I feel very blessed! It really does shape who we are and help us become who we are. We can learn so much from those around us and it is always important to try and always learn what you can from everyone around you. Whether it's a new companion, a ward member, an investigator, your parents, your friends or just someone else hanging around. We can always find the good in everyone!
Well I hope everyone has a good week. Good luck with everything, Taylor good luck with tennis and I love you all!
Sister Morris
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment